Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy Week-end

Saturday we drove over to Portland for a memorial service for Jolee. We saw Roy and Nikki there and sat with them. It was a nice service and Jolee will be missed.
Sunday we had church in the park. Here the worship team is practicing . And this silly goose would stand by the speakers and be quiet while there was music and singing, but as soon as it stopped the goose would start to make noice. Once while I was doing a mic check everytime I would say something into the mic the goose would squawk back. Maybe he was telling me the sound level was OK.
He stayed during the entire service just roaming around and standing in front of the speakers. A little girl kept walking up to him and he would move away. Everybody was just waiting for the goose to attack her but he never did. I think he has figuered out that if he stays around people he will eventually get fed. which did happen.
By the time the service started all these chairs were full and the park was full. Everyone had a good time and we had grilled hamburgers and hot dogs afterwards. We were supposed to have kids games but I was in charge of that, and I was busy with the sound equipment, so we never got to the games.

1 comment:

Amy Woodard said...

That's funny about the goose and the grilled burgers. I read that sentence to Joel and he looked at me like, "what?" Then he said, "you wouldn't say "bbq'd burgers" would you??" Ummm, yeah, we would! Funny, funny. Glad it was a good time. And also glad you were able to go to Jolee's funeral. I know you'll miss her Mom!