
We had a parade and Ranch Chapel had a float. Tony and the kids rode on the float plus 3 guys from the Redmond National Guard. We had candy for them to throw and the kids and Tony really got into yelling Happy 4th of July to the crowd. We had 47 entries in the parade this year and people were all along the parade route. When we came around one corner I couldn't believe how many people were lined up along the road.

I guy in the church designed and built the float. He did a great job, and the torch that the statute of liberty is holding was pretty heavy, so he bolted it the the capitol building, and she was able to hold onto it for support instead of holding it up the whole time. Clever man!

After the parade there was a buffalo burger feed and the crafters had their booths set up. Alexander started right in calling to the crowd to come and see the finest jewelry booth and buy something for your aniversary or birthday or whatever; he was a riot to listen to. Then he listened to Julie talking to customers and I couldn't believe how well he picked it up and helped. At one point Julie took her mom to the restroom, so I just sat and watched Alexander deal with the customers. He really caught on fast to what Julie would say and he didn't make any sales but he impressed me.

It's been around 94-96 degrees both yesterday and today. Julie's mom is a real trooper but she was pretty wore out by the time I got her home today. For Tony's last time to see his kids before being deployed it was a really fun day.
4 comments:
Wow! I'm happily surprised that the kids were able to ride with Tony on the float. I'll bet that was special for all of them! Looks like it was great!! Happy 4th!!
PS---the float for the church is so great!! And "what's her name" (oops!) looks great as the statue of Liberty! I'll bet her arm was tired by the end of it!
Hi everybody,
What a great way to spend the fouth of July!!. The pictures are great, Bev looks like she is having a good timie. Miss you all.
With much Love
The California Clan
"what's her name, is Julie Mann" and she really didn't have to hold the torch, so it was okay! The kids had a great time and didn't want to leave. Mom is having fun at that point but it got to be 96 degrees, so she was really hot and Chris took her home about 1:30, a real trooper to hang in that long.
Post a Comment