Friday, July 3, 2009

Anniversary

We went to Wizard falls fish Hatchery up on the Metolius river. It was 96 degrees so we all got pretty warm but it was a fun time. They have machines to dispense fish food for 25 cents. It was a good scouting trip for when Abigail and Elijah are here in September (oh yeah Joel & Amy will be here too).

This is a sturgeon.


These are Rainbow trout that stay there year round. The sign said Otters, Eagles and Osprey often show up to try for dinner.


Julie was feeding these and I tried to get a picture of the them jumping for the food. Afterwards we went to Suttle Lake which has a resort and restaurant and had a real nice lunch. We didn't feel like having fish and chips though.




3 comments:

Amy Woodard said...

That's funny that you didn't eat fish & chips! Ha! Happy Anniversary!! 41 years!! Wow! We're so proud of you guys and love you so much! Two months from tomorrow and we'll be seeing you!

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Thanks! We also ate at Suttle Lake at the restaurant. It was very nice. Mom had some french fries from my lunch and dad had and omelette and I had a burger. I had a glass of reisling with my meal and when dad paid the bill he told me it was $11.00 for that glass of wine! What is this world coming to?? Anyway, we had a nice day.

Amy Woodard said...

Wow! 11 bucks for 1 glass! Youch! I can bring you several bottles of (we think) good wine for that much! I guess we won't be eating there the day we go to the fish hatchery...: )