Friday, August 8, 2008

Cooked carrots

(We're having a thunderstorm right now and lightening and thunder just struck at the same time. Wow!)

Okay, so on to cooked carrots...

The other night we were having steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with a cheese sauce to make them tasty. : ) Abigail liked taking the broccoli and dipping in in the sauce and then just licking it off. Toward the end of the meal we asked her to eat just one of the carrots. She didn't want to but in the end she finally put it in her mouth. And held it, and held it, and held it.

She just held it there for about 5 minutes! We kept telling her to chew and then chewing something ourselves to encourage her. She would appear to be chewing and then would open her mouth and the carrot was still just sitting on her tongue. I couldn't help laughing because I remember doing the exact same thing when I was little and having everyone around the table encouraging me to "just swallow!" So I could commiserate with her a bit. And Joel doesn't like carrots, so he felt bad asking her to eat it in the first place. : )

I thought you might enjoy hearing that little story! I don't have any pictures, because I didn't want to encourage her. But it was funny!

1 comment:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Maybe from your end you can fix our user name. It has Chris &amp( meaning that the symbol is an ampersand) we don't know why it shows that but I commented on this blog last time and then was trying to change that so apparently the comment got lost!
I said that I can still see you doing that very thing, no picture needed! It is funny the things that God keeps in the dna, how cute!
We are off to Portland for Roy and Nicki's youngest's wedding. We love you all and miss you.
Love, Mom