![]() |
| This afternoon I cut a couple of shoots off of the Aspen tree in front of our house and put them in these pots. |
![]() |
| I used a root growth product so I'm hoping that they will make it. |
![]() |
| I was working in the front yard and a deer came in the back yard and ate both shoots and pulled them out of the pots. |
![]() |
| I couldn't find the 2nd shoot, so I planted this Flowering Crabapple start that I had growing in a margarine tub. |
+5-30-13+Aspen+Shoot+before+Deer.jpg)
+5-30-13+2nd+Aspen+Shoot+before+Deetr.jpg)
+5-30-13+One+of+the+Aspen+shoots+after+Deer.jpg)
+5-30-13+Crabapple+start+in+place+of+Aspen+shoot+after+Deer.jpg)
3 comments:
Wow turn your back for a second..........and it is gone. Do you know if deer like flowering crabapple trees? Good luck with the new try!!
Jeanette
Yeah they love the crabapple leaves too. Last year we left the gate open and a doe and her baby got in and stripped the one that is so full. They could only reach about half way up so it was bare on the bottom half, but it came back this year just fine.
Wow! I had no idea you were such a talented gardener! Maybe next time you come over you could do some splitting and replanting for me! ;)
Post a Comment